Knowledge Base

How do I obtain one?

A permit application must be picked up from the Building Department, filled out and submitted back to the Building Department with two copies of a mortgage survey showing the location, size and number of stories of the proposed shed. Distances must be shown on the plan to the house and the property lines. If the lot is in a site condominium development and not a subdivision lot, a letter from the association chairperson must be submitted which indicates their approval of the proposed work. If a contractor is going to be hired and the aggregate cost of labor and materials exceeds $600.00 that contractor must be licensed in the State of Michigan as Maintenance and Alteration Contractor or a licensed Builder
Updated 4/29/2021 12:57 PM
Was this page helpful? Yes No
Thanks for your feedback!